Art Alexion on 24 Jun 2006 14:19:03 -0000

[PLUG] KDE apps make slow internet connections

Ever since switching my router setup, KDE apps, especially Konqueror, seem
slow to initiate a connection.  I'm not talking about the actual speed of
data transfer, but of the initial connection to the server.

This does not seem to affect non-KDE apps like apt, Firefox and Azureus.

My old setup was using my Kubuntu machine as a router/gateway, with LAN
machines having fixed local IPs via hosts files.  The current setup uses a
router appliance which provides its clients with IPs via DHCP.

Like I said, the problem does not seem to be data transfer speed, but delays
initiating connection with the host.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.