Andrew Tsen on 10 Jul 2006 13:59:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Spam filter suggestions

SPF ?

On 7/10/06, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:
I have an email address (arthur@alexion.com) that is about 12 years old and
was posted on several web sites in the '90s for a number of years.  Needless
to say, it gets an enormous amount of spam.

I find Verizon's pop server based filters decent; they filter out about 80%
that I never have to retrieve and process locally.  To help with this
account, I have it forwarded to a Verizon account and retrieve it from there,
a lot of spam being filtered as it passes through.  A good thing overall.

But a problem has come up that was not a problem before.  Mail sent by
spammers who spoof my address as the from and return address is getting
through.  Moreover, spamassassin isn't getting it locally, and I can't figure
out a kmail filter that will block it.

I used to filter it manually with the test that if the From header was me, but
the Authentication-Results was not Alexion.com, then it would be flagged
spam.  But now, with this forwarding scheme, the Authentication-Results do
contain Alexion.com, because it is being forwarded from that pop server.

Here is a header example of headers.  Any ideas for filtering?