Austin Murphy on 25 Jul 2006 19:45:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Has anyone used Cavalier Telephone?

It is set in the DSLAM.  You can talk to tech support about it.  They
only turn it down to guarantee solid connections.   It should be
understood that just because you have a 10Mb connection to the DSLAM
doesn't mean you can get 10Mb downloads.  Traffic on the shared
infrastructure can be more of a limit.

It doesn't say anything about connection speeds on my bill.  I have
been told by tech support that my downlink is capped at 2Mb and I have
observed ~200KB/sec download speeds which is consistent with that.

Austin