George Gallen on 27 Jul 2006 20:51:36 -0000

[PLUG] Looking for a JPG (greyscale image) -> PCL converter

Title: Looking for a JPG (greyscale image) -> PCL converter

I'd prefer something along a PERL module or routine that I can
view/modify the source of.

I have a bunch of images created with a scanner (.jpg) greyscale images.
Right now I have a web utility that will display the images fine, but I want to add
  in a "print" function. I may need to add other information to the PCL output.

I've just started looking over the .jpg file format, and the PCL bitmap download
format. But I fear this will be a major undertaking, and would prefer to go the
already done route.

Any ideas on routines?

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggallen@slackinc.com
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - Delivering the best in health care information and education worldwide.
http://www.slackinc.com