Andrew Libby on 28 Jul 2006 01:26:55 -0000

Re: [PLUG] html to pdf crawler?

I believe BrowserCam has a web service they offer that can be used for this.
It's a bit of a cludge, from what I understand.  I believe you need to
submit requests
via the web service, which submits the request to a queue.  They will
then mail you
jpegs as the queue is processed.

Newer versions of Firefox possess the ability to do this for a single
URL.  My bet is
that LWP::UserAgent (perl) could be combined with Firefox to achieve the
desired
result (again, outputting jpeg images).  I'm feeling that with time and
patience you could
coerce Firefox to give PDFs rather than jpegs.

Andy