Stephen Gran on 4 Aug 2006 22:42:51 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Vonage Ports

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 03:04:06PM -0400, gyoza@comcast.net said:
> Can anyone tell me exactly which ports Vonage uses?  Could Vonage
> actually require ports 10,000 to 20,000?!

The sip protocol uses one port for control processing, and another
10,000 for data passing.  Roughly at random.  It absolutely blows chunks
for firewalling.  I think there should be a rule that a large group of
professional sysadmins need to be consulted before publishing an RFC.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Anti-trust laws should be approached    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | with exactly that attitude.             |