Mike Leone on 5 Aug 2006 22:45:58 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ubuntu and wpa wireless - semi/mostly solved

Gabriel Farrell wrote:
On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 08:27:30PM -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
So with much digging, it turns out I need a package called "wpa_supplicant", to handle the WPA encryption. And it *mostly* works.

For networking, this useful Debian administration page [1] should apply to [x|g|k]ubuntu. Also, if you can get wpa-supplicant working (I still haven't gotten it working with madwifi on my thinkpad) then Network Manager [2] is the guiest way to do things.

I have Network Manager; it does not work (to issue the wpa_supplicant parts, anyway; it will notice when I plug in my wired connection, and automatically issue a pump command for it).