Dan Widyono on 10 Aug 2006 12:08:58 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Debian df command reports wrong usage on root partition

Try booting from a CD, keep /var unmounted, and see if there's any data in
/var.  This would be data in the file tree under /var *before* the new /var
partition is mounted.  You might have remaining hidden files there, which
would be taking up space on the / partition.

Dan W.