Eric on 14 Aug 2006 20:24:51 -0000

Re: [PLUG] default email client for Firefox

On Monday 14 August 2006 3:55 pm, Stewart B Lone wrote:
> Eric wrote:
> > I'm stumped by a simple problem - in firefox I click on a mailto: link
> > and up pops Evolution.  The problem is I use Kmail/Kontact as my email
> > client.  I cannot find where this is set.  Anybody have any ideas?
> >
> > System: Suse 10.0 and KDE.
> >
> > Help greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Eric
> Little green suse button bottom left of screen---->up to personal
> settings---->new window opens--choose component chooser(gear icon). Rest
> is self explanatory
> Stewart

Thanks but for me that is already set to kmail.  I installed the mozdev
extension to Firefox and that gave me the control I wanted.  Why oh why
do I have to install an extension to change this I wonder.  Seems like
that should work the way it worked in the old netscape where you could
set a handler for each type of link (mail, ftp, telnet, gopher, etc.)

Thanks again.
Eric