Matt Singleton on 15 Aug 2006 18:53:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] External Soundcard

I have soundblaster usb soundcard, and it hasn't worked properly until very recently. It has a 48000kHz DAC, but no 44100, and so audio has to be upsampled by the driver. Using Ubuntu 6.06 (kernel 2.6.15), the usb audio driver is finally doing this properly (at least I assume it's the driver and not some Ubuntu-specific magic). I wouldn't recommend a soundblaster card for professional audio, but this is at least a promising development for usb audio.

I've heard good things about MAudio, including their USB devices, but I don't have one, so I can't comment specifically on their Linux support. Just be cautious, and try before you buy if at all possible.

Matt

Eric Hidle wrote:
I would say not likely, but there isn't exactly a plethora of recording s/w for linux either, at least nothing on the order of Nuendo...

Win2k is pretty well-regarded as a good recording platform...

K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
Does it work (well) with Linux?

-- Bhaskar