George Gallen on 30 Aug 2006 17:21:41 -0000

RE: [PLUG] fedora breaks on sunday night

What about the cron job that removes all temporary files that
may not have been used in the last x amount of time. Could that
job be removing a temporary file that is dependant on system usage???

Is your box, static IP or DHCP? and if DHCP how long is your lease?
could something be going fluky when the lease is being renewed.

How much disk space do you have on all filesystems? is there something
in cron.weekly that could be causing a disk space to run out, although
I'd think that would be in the logs.

What I did on a box we have that had a hang issue, is I have a cron
job that runs every 5 minutes and send me an email (to another system)
this way, I can pinpoint down the 5 min point (for log checks etc)
when the system stopped. (you could always have the cron job just
date >> /tmp/alivetest of course you might want to send it somewhere
other than /tmp, just in case it's the temp clearing cron job.

What time on monday morning does it shutdown? at midnight? what cron
jobs are in cron.weekly? that could be a culprit.