gyoza on 31 Aug 2006 19:44:29 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Ethernet Cable Specs

CompUSA had a book on sale. It was all about cabling. There isn't really much to cable selection though. Solid conductor cable in walls. Plenum cable in air spaces. Stranded cable from wall jacks to Ethernet devices. About 100 meters or 330 feet is the limit for length.

Eric Hidle wrote:
I'm looking for some Ethernet cabling specifications for stranded patch cables. I have been given conflicting rules regarding total length of the patch cables and runs and whatnot... does anyone have a link or resource that has the definitive rules laid out? I don't feel like paying thousands of dollars to the IEEE for the privelege of reading a bloated document :)
Thanks in advance