gyoza on 1 Sep 2006 16:15:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Printing Info

One time I had to generate a PPD file on LinuxPrinting.org and install it through CUPS Web interface. I don't know if that helps you.

Art Alexion wrote:
I have an old Epson Stylus Color 740 attached via CUPS. The printing used to be great on Red Hat 7.x (lpr/foomatic), but the graphics are unacceptably dark and over-saturated on Kubuntu (CUPS/foomatic). http://linuxprinting.org recommends the gimp-print driver, but the download link says they are distributed with the printing system packages and does not provide an additional link.

Linuxprinting seems to have a wealth of info on compatibility, but little on configuration hints to maximize quality.

Can anyone recommend another site that can help with this? There seem to be a lot of options. Do I have to burn through a cartridge or two using trial and error?