Paul L. Snyder on 6 Sep 2006 20:57:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Dual Head Capable Linux Laptop?

Quoting "W. Chris Shank" <shankwc@acetechgroup.com>:

> Doesn anyone know of a laptop that has real dual head support (not just
> mirroring the display but actually 2 useful desktops)? And can this be
> supported with Linux?

This works fine with the Thinkpad T41p that I am using (ATI FireGL T2
video).  The displays for the LCD and external CRT are completely
independent.

I assume by extension that this will work on laptop with any modern ATI
video controller.  Other laptops will likely work as well, but I can't
vouch for 'em.

pls