TuskenTower on 8 Sep 2006 14:43:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] scp weirdness

On 9/8/06, sean finney <seanius@seanius.net> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 10:28 -0400, Michael Lazin wrote:
> I have a fedora core 5 box at work and one at home.  I would like to
> use scp to send files between them.  I can scp files remotely to my
> box at work, but when I try to do the same to my box at home, I get
> the following message "declare -x CVS_RSH="ssh"  "

my guess is something is sending output to stdout/stderr on logins,
which can confuse scp.  moving stuff from your .bashrc (or equivalent)
to your .bash_profile (or equivalent), or commenting them out entirely.

sean

Don't forget to turn on verbose SSH with scp -vvv. Each v denotes the level of debugging information.

HTH
Amul