George Gallen on 27 Sep 2006 16:34:57 -0000

RE: [PLUG] RE: web/perl issue?

As little PERL I use right now for true cgi usage, it doesn't matter,
usually, my cgi's just pass off the data to another program and wait
for the HTML code to come back, then passes that back.

But, lately, for other projects I'm working on at home, .cgi's will
become more of a staple, so I will most like be using more modules in
the future.

> Also there are easier ways to print out multiple lines of text in Perl
> than using lots of print statements like you're doing.  One way is to
> use here documents:
>
>    print << EOT;
>
> <HTML><HEAD><BODY>
> <CENTER><H1>Use Post or Get</H1></CENTER>
> </BODY></HEAD></HTML>
> EOT

Some habits are hard to break. My primary language that I use doesn't have
this feature, so for me, I'm used to viewing the other method. I don't think
I've ever had the opportunity for that section of the code to run, but I
imagine, most browsers wouldn't fret. The actual HTML code that is being passed
however, is correct.