Michael Lazin on 4 Oct 2006 18:53:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] hp Scanjet 5530 for free

If it is not already taken I would like the scanjet.  Let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

On 10/4/06, Jeff Abrahamson < jeff@purple.com> wrote:
I have a used hp Scanjet 5530, free to a good home.  I could bring it
tonight if anyone wants it there, or you could pick it up from me in
University City some time.

The 5530 has a photo feeder unit, but when I tried using this under
the MacOS X driver, it didn't work properly.  I suspect the feed bands
are old and not gripping properly, but I didn't debug it extensively.
I believe, but do not know for certain, that the scanner otherwise
works correctly.

I could not find a linux driver for this unit.  Mac and Win drivers
are available on hp's web site.

Reply off list please.

--
Jeff

Jeff Abrahamson  <http://jeff.purple.com/>          +1 215/837-2287
GPG fingerprint: 1A1A BA95 D082 A558 A276  63C6 16BF 8C4C 0D1D AE4B