Jeff Abrahamson on 24 Oct 2006 18:31:26 -0000

[PLUG] debian apt-get problems?

I've been seeing apt-get errors for the past two days.  Sometimes
connections time out, sometimes they are explicitly closed by the
server.  I've produced various versions of these errors on two
machines on different networks.

I haven't seen anything on d.d.a that gives me a hint.  I've
reproduced my sources.list file below in case I missed some change I
should have made.  My understanding is that ftp.debian.org will hit
round-robin DNS and so go somewhere in a reasonably load-balanced way.

Any suggestions?

  deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib
  deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib
  deb http://secure-testing.debian.net/debian-secure-testing testing/security-updates main contrib
  deb-src http://secure-testing.debian.net/debian-secure-testing testing/security-updates main contrib

--
 Jeff