sean finney on 28 Oct 2006 19:06:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] After dist_upgrade, kubuntu system won't boot

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 12:46 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:

> > it looks like you did this on a system that was already up and running.
> > could you try again after stopping dbus?
> >
> > also, if there's a long pause, could you point out in the output
> > where the pause is?
>
> The long pause is at the 4th to last line: "* Starting Hardware abstraction
> layer hald"

okay, now we're getting somewhere, at least a bit closer.

> + '[' -d /etc/dbus-1/event.d ']'
> + run-parts --arg=start /etc/dbus-1/event.d
>  * Starting Hardware abstraction layer hald

so let's try (a) having a listing of files in this directory,
and (b) putting a "set -x" at the top of each of the files
in this directory (just below the #!/bin/sh shebang).

	sean