Jason on 1 Nov 2006 00:54:20 -0000

[PLUG] Hardware seeks new living arrangements (ie FS: laptop and VoIP phone)

I've got 2 things that are in my office, and I'd prefer they were
living in yours. :)

1. Thinkpad T40.

1.6 Ghz Pentium-M/Centrino
.11b wifi
bluetooth
intel gig ethernet
14.1" screen, 1400x1050
Radeon 9000, 32 mb
60GB HDD
DVD-ROM/CD-RW

These things regularly fetch upwards of $550 on eBay.  I'd like to get
around $500.  If you email me offering $200, you can go jump in a
lake. :)  Runs Ubuntu Dapper & Edgy without a hitch.  I'll even
install either of those if you'd like.

2. Linksys / Sipura SPA-942 VoIP phone.

- 2 SIP registrations, 4 call appearances
- Works like a champ with Asterisk
- Supports the usual VoIP codecs (G.711a/u, G.729, etc.)
- Super easy to provision via TFTP or Web GUI (1)
- Backlit display!
- Comes with power adapter, but also supports 802.3af PoE (power over ethernet)
- Has the "24" ringtone onboard.
- 2.5 mm headset jack

These retail for $190 at voip-supply.com.  It's been very slightly
used, but has no signs of wear.  I'd like to get $150 or better for
this.  Why am I dumping the phone?  It works great, but you'd dump it
too if your boss shipped you a Polycom IP601 to replace your current
desk phone (6 line appearances, awesome speakerphone, etc). :)  The
speakerphone works great on the Linksys phone too, but hey, it's not a
Polycom.

(1) I've got existing TFTP config files you're welcome to have &
modify to suit your needs.  you'd have to change the IP address of the
SIP proxy, the extension, the shared secret and the station name.
Otherwise, it's ready to roll