Will Dyson on 1 Nov 2006 07:17:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] After dist_upgrade, kubuntu system won't boot

On 10/31/06, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:

Right.  That is the problem.  The script is 20hal.  It starts hald.  I
attached it earlier.  I don't think the script itself is the problem, though,
because I can't start hal in daemonized mode even without the script.

Hmm. If you run 'hald --daemon=no' in a terminal, do the things that depend on it start working? Like lshal, for example. That would be strange if it did, I think.

So lets see what is going wrong with hald in daemonize mode. As
Stephen pointed out, strace takes an -f argument to follow children of
the traced program. Using it should reveal what is going on with it in
daemonize mode.

# strace -f -o hald.strace -s 150 hald

--
Will Dyson