Jeff Abrahamson on 8 Nov 2006 13:36:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Distance to my local CO

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 11:48:15PM -0500, TuskenTower wrote:
>   [14 lines, 96 words, 756 characters]  Top characters: _toelihn
>
>   I've talked with both Verizon and Cavalier and they have told me
> that I am 17700ft from my local CO.  DSL reports says that I am 4480ft
> from my local CO.  The DSL reports site claims that Covad has a CO
> closer to me, http://www.dslreports.com/coinfo/clli/KGPRPAKP.  If this
> is true, then how can I use the Covad CO?  Am I forced to go through
> them only or can I find another service provider like Speakeasy to run
> through the Covad office?

I've been super-impressed with Speakeasy.  I'd give them a call and
see what you can do.  They generally seem enough on the ball that if
you point out that you are 4480 ft from a Covad CO, they can probably
look at that.  (I think they usually use Covad anyway.)

If you do go with Speakeasy, pick your favorite PLUG'er who uses
Speakeasy and claim it was a recommendation.  Someone will get a
small credit for the favor.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://jeff.purple.com/>          +1 215/837-2287