Stephen Gran on 9 Nov 2006 01:47:00 -0000

Re: [PLUG] chopping files

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 04:55:49PM -0500, Jeff Watson said:
> Is there a utility i can use to chop a large text file into x number of
> smaller peices of the same file? I am loading a database and i think the
> file size is an issue so i want to cut it into peices and load them
> individually?

As others have mentioned, split will do what you are asking for.  Maybe
the problem is how the data is dumped in the first place, though?  Might
it be easier to dump each database or each table to a seperate file and
feed them in order?
|  Stephen Gran                  | It shall be unlawful for any suspicious |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | person to be within the municipality.   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | -- Local ordinance, Euclid Ohio         |