Stephen Gran on 10 Nov 2006 01:19:40 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Xine + system volume

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 06:23:11PM -0600, Adam J. Zion, MCSE+I said:
> Whenever I adjust the volume on Xine, I end up adjusting the overall
> system volume as well. If I turn Xine's volume down low, the overall
> system goes down, + v/v.
>
> This happens when I used Totem or KMPlayer as a front end, so I don't
> think it's front end related. And it's happened with every version of
> Mandrake/iva I've used since 7.0, so I don't think that's it either.
> And this is the second mobo w/integrated sound chipset where I've seen
> this, so it's probably not that either. A Google search was unhelpful.
>
> Thoughts?

grep mixer ~/.xine/config

It can use a variety of mixers to adjust the volume, but I don't think
it uses it's own - it uses one of the available backends.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Am I in GRADUATE SCHOOL yet?            |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |