Art Alexion on 10 Nov 2006 17:40:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux Music Services

On Friday 10 November 2006 10:45, David J. Kuntz wrote:
> I've been an emusic subscriber for nearly 2 years - the emusic download
> manager used to have a supported linux client, but they stopped updating it
> a while ago.
> It still works, but it's long in the tooth.   I've been using emusicj and
> it works great and is actively maintained.
> http://www.kallisti.net.nz/EMusicJ/HomePage
> Of course you can also just download individual mp3s from them, but I like
> the DL manager for it's "download all" feature if I want the entire album.

The president of emusic posted on the amarok list within the last couple of
days  requesting integration into amarok a la magnatune.  The initial
response from one of the developers was that there were still bugs he would
like to work out with magnatune before he attempts another store.

That said, most of the buzz about amarok 1.4.4 seems to be about requests for
more stores, so, especially with the stores requesting inclusion, it should
be just a short matter of time.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @