Dan Perez on 5 Dec 2006 19:48:14 -0000

[PLUG] Daylight Savings Time Workaround

The law governing when daylight savings time begins and ends is
changing next year, so all of our Linux servers need to be patched or
otherwise updated so they know of the new times.  Is there a
workaround that can be applied to Linux servers to avoid patching
them?  For example, on AIX systems, we can just edit the TZ
definition, to include the exact date and time to start and end DST.
Is there something similar that can be used for Linux?

Thanks...