Chad Vogelsong on 6 Dec 2006 01:51:46 -0000

[PLUG] OT - Job Opportunity - Sys Admin / Network Support

Hi.  My name is Chad.  I've been on the list for a couple months, but have been
too busy or too lazy to get to a meeting yet.

Basically, I'm looking for somebody to replace me at my current job. I'm taking
a new position starting on 12/11 and I thought I would find a good quality
candidate on the list. If nothing comes out of here, the company will start advertising for it.

Starting on 12/11, I will continue to work at CRF for around 10 hours per week in the evenings. At least until we get somebody hired. I'll probably handle training the new candidate as well.

COMPANY:  CRF Inc.
Founded:  1999 in Helsinki, FI
Offices in:
	Lansdale, PA, USA (Philly office, where you will be working from)
	Waltham, MA, USA (Boston office)
	San Diego, CA, USA
	London, UK
	Stockholm, SWE
	Helsinki, FI
	plus several people who work from home.

Industry:  eDiary software, mobile devices, clinical trials, pharmaceutical
Website:  http://www.crfhealth.com
Employees: around 125 worldwide

Salary:  Based on Exp, but probably in the 50k - 70k range.

Job Title: Systems Administrator
Experience:  2+ years

Skills we're looking for:
Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat), Solaris, Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server, Cisco Firewalls/Switches/Call Manager/Voice Gateways/VPN Concentrators, IMAP, SMTP, SSH, MS Terminal Server, HP hardware, multiple office suites, web browsers, e-mail clients, etc. Basically, a jack of all trades.

Responsibilities:
To sum it up, this job is for the alpha geek in the US. You will have 1 desktop support person working with you. Anything she can't solve, gets passed to you.

You will be the primary admin for 4 Linux servers + apps, 3 Windows 2003 servers (which are soon being sent to a US hosting center), 1 Sun Backup system, various printers & MFD's, various switches, routers, VoIP phones, remote links, office connectivity, associated wires, cables, etc.

You will be secondary admin for multiple Linux & Windows servers located in the Helsinki, FI office and Helsinki hosting center.

You will be in charge of purchasing desktops, laptops, IT equipment & accessories for the US offices. You will also create desktop images for the desktop support person to install when needed (i.e. new model of laptop / desktop being purchased).

There is 1 Sr. SysAdmin, 1 UNIX admin and 2 SysAdmins in Helsinki. All of them are very intelligent and professional. They take care of all the European offices. There is some cross over when needed, but it generally stays like that.

There is a little bit of travel involved, but it's not too bad. When we finally hire somebody in Waltham, it should be less. I travel to Waltham about once every 2-3 months and to San Diego about once every 8-12 months.

That's about it. Send me your resume & any questions at chad.vogelsong@crfhealth.com . Please put "Lansdale - SysAdmin" in the subject to make sure I see it. I'll pass on the qualified candidates to our HR people. They will be the ones who will contact you.

Thanks,
Chad