Stephen Gran on 16 Dec 2006 01:48:30 -0000

Re: [PLUG] which will be the source ip address?

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 11:29:12AM -0800, Marc Zucchelli said:
> I have a server with 5 ip addresses assigned to it.  When I make a
> connection outbound, the source ip address that is used to connect to
> the remote server is my second ip address.  Why is it that one, and
> how can I change that?

The source IP will always be what the OS thinks of as the 'primary IP',
unless the software does something clever, or you use something like
iptables to change it.  Without knowing more about what you're trying to
do, I can't really advise you.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Onward through the fog.                 |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |