Shameel Arafin on 4 Jan 2007 17:39:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Reclamation of a Dell Latitude LM (P166)

I have 3 ancient Thinkpads that I got for free. 466MHz, 96MB RAM,5GB HD,
800x600... a joke, right?

Not.

I put Xubuntu on them. One of them I use on a regular basis as my
'carrying-around' laptop. It runs everything I want (albeit not very
simultaneously) -- Firefox, gaim, Skype, a full LAMPP server... and more.

Another one I have sitting in a dark corner running BOINC with the
Einstein@Home program.

I can't help with hardware, but if you want to discuss (off-list?)
low-resource linux environments (Xubuntu, Fluxubuntu, Damn Small Linux,
Knoppix etc) I'm happy to help.

S/