Steve Morgan on 10 Jan 2007 18:23:40 -0000

Re: [PLUG] where do dey go?

The files are still there.  The files are physically located in /mount/dir but you need to unattach your USB drive.  When you mount a device to /mount/dir when there already exists files there (/mount/dir/files*), the new mount supercedes the physically located files. They "disappear" and become inaccesible. When you unattach the device from /mount/dir, those original files then become accessible once again.

Regards,

Steve Morgan