Dan Widyono on 23 Jan 2007 16:16:09 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ctime

I think he's talking about the ctime in a file's stat structure.

In Linux there doesn't appear to be a way a normal user can modify such.
utime.h does not allow for it.  You can try changing the system time,
chmod'ing the file to its current mode (unless you also want to change
permissions) ((or chown'ing to its current owner, unless you also want to
change owner)), then change the system time back.

But *why* do you want to change ctime?  I fought with this over 10 years
ago.  I gave up and changed my strategy.

Dan W.