Toby DiPasquale on 24 Jan 2007 15:54:17 -0000

Re: [PLUG] SugarCRM and single sign on

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 08:54:56AM -0500, Andrew Libby wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> More and more I find myself using SugarCRM, and would like to do
> some single sign on with it.  I've searched around on their site/
> forums for methods of doing it, which I have not found.
>
> Does anyone know of any work on this?  I particularly like the idea
> of openid (http://openid.net/), but any method that does not leave
> credentials cached at the browser is worth considering for me.

There is also SAML and XRI, along the same lines as OpenID.

OpenID/SAML comparison:

http://www.kingsmountain.com/doc/draft-hodges-saml-openid-compare-00.html

Bunch of stuff about OpenID, SAML, XRI, etc:

http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog/archives/2007/01/21/openid-and-saml-a-swirling-nexus/

--
Toby DiPasquale