Austin Murphy on 26 Jan 2007 22:55:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] iPod Mini Battery

On 1/26/07, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:
On Friday 26 January 2007 14:03, Austin Murphy wrote:
> On 1/26/07, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:
> >     BTW, the mini's batteries are end of life in holding a charge.  Any
> > recommendations for battery replacements?
>
> I just got one in December for less than $22 (incl shipping) from
> batterygeek.net.  I forget the exact mA but it was more than the
> standard.  either 650 or 750mA.  They shipped FedEx Ground (ex RPS)
> which was annoying since they don't really have the same facilities
> for tracking and pickup that FedEx express or UPS have.  Even DHL has
> been easier for me to deal with.
>
> Also the tools that come with the "kit" are not much to speak of.

So, if I understand correctly, you didn't like FedEx ground, and the tools
were lacking, but the product and company were reliable?  Were the tools
adequate for the installation?

Yeah, the battery works a lot better than the old (used) one and the company shipped it within a few days I used my own tools so I can't say if the included tools were adequate. You need something to pry off the end caps of the ipod and then there are two little #0 phillips screws that need to be removed. It's nothing fancy like tri-wing or security-torx.

Microcenter in St. Davids carries a similar kit for about $30 so you
can take a look at it if you like.

Austin