bergman on 2 Feb 2007 19:44:41 -0000

Re: [PLUG] an emacs based jukebox

In the message dated: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:23:39 EST,
The pithy ruminations from Art Alexion on
<[PLUG] an emacs based jukebox> were:

=>
=> I came across this while searching for a scan of a very obscure vinyl 12" E=
=> P=20

A "scan" of a record? Don't they all look pretty much the same?

Or did you mean that you want to id the vinyl by looking at [a scan of] the
grooves, like this:

	http://www.snopes.com/music/info/reader3.htm
	http://www.snopes.com/music/media/reader.htm

=> (turns out it was a Canada only version, which I bought at the venerable=20
=> Third Street Records, nee Third Street Jazz, but I degress...)
=>
=> I found the scan and this emacs based jukebox at the same site

It's named emacs? What a coincidence...long ago there used to be a text editor
called "emacs", but the name was so popular (for some reason) that people wrote
other software, like a mail client, a news reader, a web browser, and now a
music player, all with the same name. Amazing!

I hear that emacs is both a floor polish and a dessert topping.

Mark "one order of 'vi' to go, hold the 'emacs'" Bergman
=>
=> http://quimby.gnus.org/jukebox/jukebox.html
=>
=> The jukebox looks pretty nice.  I haven't tried it yet.  Built on Debian=20
=> Woody.
=> =2D-=20
=>
=> _____________________________________________________________
=> Art Alexion
=>
=> PGP fingerprint: 52A4 B10C AA73 096F A661  92D2 3B65 8EAC ACC5 BA7A
=> Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
=> The attachment - signature.asc - is my electronic signature; no need for=20
=> alarm.  Info @=20
=> http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html
=> _____________________________________________________________
=>
=> --nextPart1678600.PiNsNVB7YH
=>
=>
-----
Mark Bergman    Biker, Rock Climber, Unix mechanic, IATSE #1 Stagehand

http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=bergman%40merctech.com

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
15+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman