Doug Crompton on 8 Feb 2007 17:18:08 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Daylight Savings Time

I think the "modern" name for that is UTC.

Universal Time (UT) is a timescale based on the rotation of the Earth. It
is a modern continuation of the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), i.e., the mean
solar time on the meridian of Greenwich, England, which is the
conventional 0-meridian for geographic longitude. GMT is sometimes used,
incorrectly, as a synonym for UTC. The old GMT has been split, in effect
into UTC and UT1.