Alex Launi on 8 Feb 2007 21:48:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Playback on Creative Audigy 2 ZS notebook

Yes, I formatted the harddrive, the only partions were windows and a recovery that the HP recovery dvds could be make from, or used instead of the disks. Would bios information have been on that? -Alex

W. Chris Shank wrote:
the bios may be modified from a utility partition. did you remove this by any chance?

----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Launi <socialrevolutionary@comcast.net>
To: scs@CampusClients.com, Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2007 11:59:28 AM GMT-0500
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Playback on Creative Audigy 2 ZS notebook

Unfortunately I have an HP laptop and the HP bios is extremely weak. It
won't let me, do, anything really.
-Alex

Sean C. Sheridan wrote:
> Disable the built in audio through the bios.
>

>> Hi, I'm trying to change my default soundcard to my Audigy but not
>> having luck, I'm running ubuntu feisty herd 3 and it was working in
>> edgy. Ubuntu sees the card and I can select it in the sound menu and
>> through alsamixer but regardless of where I select it sound still plays
>> through my built-in speakers. i don't know enough about alsa
>> configuration to hack around in it without breaking something, does
>> anyone have any ideas?
>> -Alex
>>
>> Joseph Sands wrote:
>>
>>> I currently have a T1 through Captel, I need to get another T1 but I
>>> want one that uses a different backend provider. I’m not sure if I’m
>>> wording this right but I’ve heard that many smaller ISP basically sell
>>> lines they lease from bigger ISPs like Verizon. Am I correct so far?
>>> When I call around and ask who these people use for their backend they
>>> act like they have no idea what I’m talking about. I’m I asking the
>>> right question? And do you guys have any recommendations for T1
>>> providers in the Fort Washington area?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Joseph Sands
>>>
>>> System Administrator
>>>
>>> Legis Discovery, LLC
>>>
>>> 215.646.1299 - Office
>>>
>>> 215.646.4299 - Fax
>>>
>>> jsands@legisdiscovery.com

-- W. Chris Shank ACE Technology Group, LLC www.myremoteITdept.com (610) 640-4223

Security Note: To protect against computer viruses,
e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving
certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail
security settings to determine how attachments are
handled.