Walt Mankowski on 16 Feb 2007 03:11:57 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: [Fwd: [Cis-phd] Eric Raymond, "Programming in the Real World", 2/15, 6PM Wu&Chen]

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:23:54PM -0500, Alex Launi wrote:
> I think it was at UPenn. It was hidden in the original email, the
> mailing list was a UPenn list. Wish the email had enough details to make
> it useful.
> -Alex

I'd heard some rumors that he was going to be speaking at Penn, but I
didn't know where or when until I saw this email.

Penn's CIS department used to post most of their upcoming talks at
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/departmental/events/, but sadly it hasn't
been updated since last semester.

Penn's student ACM group also used to occasionally have interesting
talks in the late afternoon.  Maybe they still do, but I don't know.
Their website (http://dp.seas.upenn.edu/) hasn't been updated in
nearly a year.

I've been helping maintain a calendar on Google Calendar of upcoming
Computer Science talks.  They're mostly during the day at Penn and
Drexel, and they're primarily research-oriented.  If you're
interested, the calendar's called "Philly CS Talks" and you can view
it online at

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=60mc9fj3tr0fj23tha7usrkjdo%40group.calendar.google.com

Walt