Chris Sandy on 22 Feb 2007 01:27:33 -0000

RE: [PLUG] BitTorrant and routers - and Comcast

Lol, op.net  the founder is on this mailing list.  Op.net went from netreach
to fastnet to uslec

You still have your original connection? I remember the great old days
working for opnet/netreach

Chris S
chris@jynx.net
www.jynx.net

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of jeff
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:11 PM
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [PLUG] BitTorrant and routers - and Comcast

Doug Crompton wrote:
> I could be wrong but I don't believe there are many locally. Most mom and
> pop providers that were primarily dialup could not compete in the DSL
> market.

I signed on with an ancient local dialup provider called Op.net
They got bought a few times.
In the meantime I got Comcast but kept Op due the having the address
forever and a popular webpage.
Technically I'm with USLEC.
USLEC, so I hear, is being bought.

Pretty soon no one's going to be able to find out where my email address
lives  :)