jazzman on 5 Mar 2007 04:51:03 -0000

[PLUG] USB "Pencam" and Video4Linux

Is anyone out there familiar with Video4Linux?

I've got this cheapo Aiptek "pencam" laying around that someone gave me.
It's a neat little toy. I looked around the web and it seems to be linux
compatible through the video4linux interface, but I have no clue how to
set it up. When I plug it into the USB port I get the following from
dmesg:

ohci_hcd 0000:00:03.0: wakeup
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5

It doesn't seem to detect as a camera in any way. I looked around the web
and it seems the camera is based on the STV0680 chipset, and there is
supposedly a kernel module for it, but it's not on my system and it sure
isn't easy to find. GPhoto is supposed to have a driver for it as well,
but that doesn't work either (I'm assuming because there's no kernel
driver for it).

Does anyone have ANY clue on how to get this thing working or where to
find the STV0680 kernel module for FC5 (kernel is
vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5)? I also have a little "mini digital keychain"
camera that is based on the jl2005a chipset and that behaves in exactly
the same manner.

thanks in advance
Marc