Lee Fisher on 23 Mar 2007 15:06:18 -0000

[PLUG] Debian Virtual Machine with dual NICs?

  • From: "Lee Fisher" <fisher.lee.groups@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: [PLUG] Debian Virtual Machine with dual NICs?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:06:14 -0400
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Has anyone done anything with running Debian as a virtual machine with Dual NICs?

We have a machine running redhat which has multiple network cards.  Both cards are working fine on that machine.  On that machine we are running a virtual machine with Debian.  On that machine we also want it to have too network interfaces, an internal interface and an external one going to our DMZ.  So far we've gotten the internal one to work, but aren't able to access anything or even visibly see an IP address for the other NIC.  Let me know if you have any ideas of what to look at to analyze this.
Thanks,
Lee