Doug Crompton on 30 Mar 2007 14:32:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Help with Apache PHP

Ok but before I send all that. Give me a clue as to what I am looking for?
I grep'ed for all occurences of "php" in httpd.conf and have this:

# Protect the php3 test page, so it cannot be viewed from an outside system.
#<Files test.php3>
    # http://www.php.net) will typically use:
   # <IfModule mod_php3.c>
   # AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
   # AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
   # AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml
 <IfModule mod_php4.c>
 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">

You do not see the module load because it is loading from an include which
is:

AddModule mod_php4.c
AddModule mod_userdir.c

and

LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so
LoadModule userdir_module     /usr/lib/apache/mod_userdir.so

Doug

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Brian Stempin wrote:

> Can you attach your apache config file?  It'd help us know if your loaded
> the module, extension, doc type, etc.
>
> On 3/30/07, Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
> >
> > > Name the file test.php.  It isn't necessary to have anything but <?php
> > > phpinfo(); ?> in your file.  Otherwise, maybe two headers are being
> > sent?
> > >

> > I did do that at first, just having that in the file named test.php, and
> > my server just passed the file to my windows explorer as an unknown type.
> > Explorer put up a window to save the file.
> >
> > I presume this tells me that Apache does not know how to handle php??
> >
> > The log at start shows:
> >
> > [Fri Mar 30 00:49:50 2007] [notice] Apache/1.3.20 (Linux/SuSE) PHP/4.0.6
> > configured -- resuming normal operations
> >
> > Doug
> >

> > ****************************
> > *  Doug Crompton           *
> > *  Richboro, PA 18954      *
> > *  215-431-6307            *
> > *                          *
> > * doug@crompton.com        *
> > * http://www.crompton.com  *

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *