CJ Fearnley on 2 May 2007 21:49:27 -0000

[PLUG] Fifth Annual Summer Workshop in Oswego, NY: June 22, 23 & 24

                       Synergetics Collaborative (SNEC)

                                 presents its

                                 Fifth Annual

   * * *                 Workshop on Quantum Building                * * *

                    in Oswego, NY, 22, 23, & 24 June 2007

         in Oswego will focus on "Quantum Building: The First 28
         Most-Efficient-Minimum Geometrical Systems". The main workshop
         will be led by Thomas Miller who writes:
            "The workshop is about learning to clone the four
            basic cloning grids that make the volume quanta
            (Fuller's term) the 'a' module, a-b module, mite and
            't' module. We will concentrate on the first three. The
            grids become self-organizing which needs four abilities:
            self-stabilization, self-correction, self-regeneration
            and self-innovation. The overall idea is that these
            modules have a modular building system inside them and
            we will explore that system."

         In addition, there will be artifact exhibit space for participants
         and a session for participants to discuss their work.

  When:
         Friday Reception 22 June 2006, 7 - 10PM ($15; pre-register
                to get directions)
         Saturday 23 June 2006, 8AM - 10PM (Registration: 8 AM)
         Sunday 24 June 2006, 8AM - 6PM

  Registration:
         Pre-registration is required!  Please fill out the following form:
         http://synergeticists.org/workshop.registration.html

  Housing:
         Contact John Belt <belt@oswego.edu> to make housing
         arrangements. On-campus housing is limited, and first come,
         first served. Reservations must be made by July 14th!!!

  Where:
         SUNY Oswego
         Department of Technology, Design Studio
         Wilber Hall, Design Studio, Room 350
         Oswego, NY

  Travel Directions
         http://www.oswego.edu/about/visit/directions/index.html

  Workshop Fee
         $60 general ($30 for students).

  Publicity Poster
         Please let others know about this event by passing on this poster:
         http://synergeticists.org/snec.2007.06.pdf

  Exhibit Space
         Exhibit space will be available for showing artifacts. Space
         must be reserved by July 15. To make arrangements for space,
         send a request with the dimensions of your piece(s) to John
         Belt <belt@oswego.edu>. Please bring a card with a brief
         description of your work for display in the exhibit area.

--
We are on a spaceship; a beautiful one.  It took billions of years to develop.
We're not going to get another.  Now, how do we make this spaceship work?

CJ Fearnley                |  Explorer in Universe
cjf@CJFearnley.com         |  Design Science Revolutionary
http://www.CJFearnley.com  |  "Dare to be Naive" -- Bucky Fuller