Stephen Gran on 30 May 2007 10:38:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Motherboard Compatibility

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 08:51:59PM -0400, Doug Crompton said:
> On Tue, 29 May 2007, Jason wrote:
>
> > On 5/29/07, Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> wrote:
> > > Has anyone brought up a core 2 duo MB with a late Linux OS?
> >
> > Sorry, a bit too quick on the send button..
> >
> > Asus P5B Deluxe, using a C2D 6600 (2.4 Ghz), works great.
>
> Jason,
>
>  What was the Linux flavor you brought up on that board?

I have Debian etch running on an Asus P5WD2-E Premium almost without
issue - my only remaining problems are that linux of any variety will not
speak to the built in marvell sata card, and the sky2 nics occasionally
lock the system hard.  Since they do it so badly that the motherboard
won't boot next time unless you turn the power off to the machine for 20
seconds, I suspect they are just really crap nics, and have it on my
list to disable them and just use add on cards at some point in the near
future.  The marvell issue is being looked at upstream, and it looks
like it's close.
|  Stephen Gran                  | genlock, n.:  Why he stays in the       |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | bottle.                                 |