Art Alexion on 1 Jun 2007 18:09:53 -0000

Re: [PLUG] pdf to text

On Friday 01 June 2007 12:38, Art Alexion wrote:
> On Friday 01 June 2007 12:11, plug.20.chth@xoxy.net wrote:
> > > Can't find any deb references on the sf.net site.  Tried to install
> > > from source.  First configure wants a QTDIR variable, so I pass it
> > > /usr/share/qt3. Now it wants the QMAKESPEC variable, of which I don't
> > > have a clue.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?  I would really like this software.
> >
> > This includes instructions on how to get a deb file for Ubuntu:
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=348675
> > Hope that helps ...
>
> I found this (http://www.blogmanno.com/?q=node/59) and am compiling now.  I
> will report back if it works.

The instructions and the program worked well and are just what I needed.

The program is still buggy, (Can't seem to create a good file using "save a
copy") and the install is more difficult than it needs to be, but it can do a
lot to edit PDF files.

I got around the "save as" bug by copying the original to the target name, and
then editing the copy and saving.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @