James Fiore on 1 Jun 2007 18:29:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] text indexing utility

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Antony P Joseph wrote:

  Is there any text indexing utility available in Linux? I played
around with swish++. It looks good but its user interface is not that
attractive. If anybody has any  experience, please let us know.

There's a webcrawler/search service called Nutch which is an Apache
product that uses the Apache Lucene engine.  If you are at all familiar
with J2EE it will be easy to setup.  It may be of interest to you.

I'm not familiar with swish++ and its less than "attractive" interface
but Nutch's default search service looks just like Google with a
different logo.

http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/

James