jeff on 9 Jun 2007 22:32:26 -0000

[PLUG] Windows for Warships

http://www.theregister.com/2007/02/26/windows_boxes_at_sea/

Just imagine the features!

1. Aye aye, Sir. Errrr... No, Sir.. we have to reboot the ship first.
2. Security officer Smith has discovered a persistent ULF connection to something called Windows Subterranean Update Server, Sir.
3. What do you MEAN we can't fire torpedoes? It's the firewall, Sir - we can't disable it.
4. Where's the radios? They won't work til the next update cycle.
5. Can no longer ping ships because Bill Gates owns the word now.
6. All weapons systems down - the Chinese gave us a virus through IE.
7. "It's the most secure Windows ever."
8. "Over 1,000 Countries invaded to date"
9. New tv commercials to star Keanu Reeves as Mac for Warships Guy.
10. 700 Club very excited until someone explains that it's not Windows for Worship.