Stephen Gran on 18 Jun 2007 13:53:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] NFS question

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:17:21AM -0400, Doug Crompton said:
> I was trying to mount a local system's root to a mount point on a second
> system. When I do, I can see the root directory but I cannot see anything
> below that.  If I 'ls /mount'  I see the root directory from the server
> but if I do an  'ls /mount/usr' or any other sub directory, I see nothing.
>
> I have tried every combination of root_squash to no avail. If I mount a
> sub directory from the server it works fine. I really want to me able to
> mount the entire system so I can copy files over at will.

NFS does not export sub-filesystems.  You'll need an export per mount
point on the original.
|  Stephen Gran                  | "The wages of sin are death; but after  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | they're done taking out taxes, it's     |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | just a tired feeling:"                  |