JP Vossen on 24 Jun 2007 00:32:44 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Newsletter from O'Reilly UG... [bash Cookbook]

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:31:04 -0400
From: Walt Mankowski <waltman@pobox.com>
Subject: [PLUG] [marsee@oreilly.com: Newsletter from O'Reilly UG
	Program,	June 19]
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org

----- Forwarded message from Marsee Henon <marsee@oreilly.com> -----

***bash Cookbook
ISBN 10: 0596526784
<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596526788/>
[...]

FYI, I am one of the authors of this book, so let me know if you have any questions or comments. Our Companion web site is http://bashcookbook.com/.

(FYI I hope to attend the next Plug-Montco meeting in Blue Bell on July 9th.)

Conference News
[...]

***Registration is Now Open for OSCON 2007, Portland, OR
   --July 23-27
Use code "os07dsug" when you register, and receive 15% off
the registration price.

To register for the conference, go to:
<http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/58/register.html>

***Registration is Now Open for Ubuntu Live, Portland, OR --July 22-24 Use code "ubu07dusg" when you register, and receive 15% off the registration price.

To register for the conference, go to:
<http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/60/register.html>

We (mostly my co-author) are presenting at Ubuntu Live on Tuesday (http://www.ubuntulive.com/cs/ubuntu/view/e_sess/13493). I'll be around the conference that Monday as well. We will probably do a book signing event or two as well.

Later,
JP
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.