Erin Mulder on 28 Jun 2007 16:54:25 -0000

[PLUG] Re: SecurID stuck in "Next Passcode" mode after using VPNC

  • From: "Erin Mulder" <meara@alumni.princeton.edu>
  • To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
  • Subject: [PLUG] Re: SecurID stuck in "Next Passcode" mode after using VPNC
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:54:20 -0400
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

On 6/28/07, Erin Mulder <meara@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

1) Has anyone seen this before in conjunction with VPNC?  One random thought was that maybe it has some sort of reconnect-after-a-disconnect feature that is trying to log me in without the passcode (and thus triggering the "next passcode" mode).  Other ideas or possibilities?

I've had one other thought.  It often takes a while to connect to this particular VPN.  KNetworkManager asks me for my password before it tries to connect, whereas the command-line vpn clients wait until they're connected.  Perhaps by the time KNetworkManager establishes a connection, the passcode I've entered is stale.  From what I've found online, if that happens 3 times in a row, it would put me into the dreaded "next tokencode" mode.

I'm going to try using vpnc from the command-line for a few days to see if that's any better.  Of course, I still don't know why it's not accepting the next passcode I enter when I do end up in the challenge mode.

Cheers,
Erin