Michael C. Toren on 3 Jul 2007 18:18:29 -0000

Re: [PLUG] strace weirdness

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 10:49:28AM -0400, Jon Nelson wrote:
> I knew I would get that question.  I can't talk about the specifics of
> the program, but let's say that it is a UI with many options to choose
> from on the main screen.  You can arrow to the different options, but as
> soon as you try to execute one of the options (Enter) it will freeze.
> It also freezes when you try to exit normally (Esc).

You may want to try running the program normally, cause it to hang, and
only then attach to it with strace, using "strace -p <pid>", to see what
system call it was in the middle of processing.  Attaching with gdb may
also be an option.

HTH,
-mct